Monday, May 14, 2012

Food love: Slow cooked oatmeal

Good morning! What better way to start the day than with some creamy oatmeal? I had an attitude problem towards oatmeal for many years, mainly because I had eaten the quick, microwaved, slimy porridge one too many times. Another problem was that after eating that, I was always hungry half an hour later. Not anymore! I promise you will never make a yuck face to oatmeal after really making it from scratch. And the secret is to use whole peeled oats. My oats are organic whole oats from Riihipuoti. Here they are before cooking:


First, boil some water. I used 7 deciliters, which is around 3 cups. Add oats when the water is boiling. Then lower the heat and simmer for an hour. If I had more time, I would've let it simmer with a lower heat even longer. When the water has disappeared, add 2 deciliters (0,8 cup) of almond milk and some cardamom. Stir until it looks good and creamy. Eat and fall in love!

Remember, everything tastes better when you eat it from a Moomin bowl Love.



1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love oatmeal too, I love mixing in a bunch of goodies with it :)

    ReplyDelete