Monday, October 29, 2012

Pin It and Do It #16: Baubel Christmas Tree

Pinterest is full of contemporary Christmas tree ideas so I decided to make one decoration that is easy to move and showcases different kinds of decorations. This pin was my inspiration, originally from Better Homes and Gardens.

The original pin was a DIY wire Christmas tree wall decoration but I had this wooden fan trellis that I thought I could use instead of wire.


It really does look like an ordinary fan trellis until you paint it white and turn it upside down!


Add some baubels and you've got a nice addition to your holiday decorations. I do think this needs some sort of a star tree topper but I didn't have any that would match these colors. I'll have to add it to my ever growing list of DIY projects to do.


It's such a shame to put this away to wait for Christmas but it is still a bit early to have these kind of decos lying aroung the house, right?

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I am making Christmas trees from tomato cages turned upside down. I think I need to add some trellis trees also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ohh I think tomato cages are an excellent idea! I liked the original pin with wire because it's even more metallic look but trellis is a nice option too.

      Delete